Re: Swap Distribution

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:56:37PM +0200, Juha Ylitalo wrote:
> Most common reply to this kind of comments is that you can always buy
> similar support for Debian, but www.debian.org/consultants doesn't list
> any big companies like IBM, etc. that could guarantee global support.
> Even www.progeny.com, which probably has some kind of support for
> Debian, doesn't have any figures which system administrator could use
> for making some rough calculations on expected expenses, when they make
> purchase orders. For these reasons, redhat.com provides convening
> one-stop service point, where you can purchases all that you need for
> next x years.

Right, but that's Red Hat's business model, so obviously they're going
to give you the figures. They aren't doing it out of the kindness of
their hearts ...

If somebody actually set up full scale enterprise-style global support
for Debian, then we'd be happy to link to them, and probably help them
in any way feasible.