Re: Getting rid of MS XP

Andrew Schulman wrote:
Goodbye XP. Box is pure Debian now (7 partitions with various flavors of Debian, overdoing it really ;-) )

Woo-hoo! I finally got rid of Win2K when-- get this-- I installed an MS security patch, and it clobbered Explorer. I was faced with reinstalling Windows, yet again. I couldn't stomach it right then, so I just figured we'd get by with Linux for a while until I could get back to it. Two months later, I realized that I'll never need to get back to it. Adios, Winbloze.

T'is the fact. If it was "nice" and behave, but no: it has no idea of my *Backstreet Ruby* setup (AT Keyboards in the DIN outlets, mice in the USB outlets, 2 videocards) and everytime I connect I get bombarded with "updates available" (reminding you of Sven!) so that it won't let you do things unless I download upgrades, which will do who knows what? and take who knows how long?

It was handy to be able to test my Qt code: Qt is cross-platform, but since I keep putting off publishing that code, it is just not realistic keeping 4+ GB around for a dream, especially since that is the only thing I would use it for...

Hugo.