Xterm font debian-user-200011/msg05124.h

>     * From: Jack Morgan <[8]j-morgan@gol.com>
>     * Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:46:47 +0900
>     * Sender: [9]jack@murphy.debian.org
>     _________________________________________________________________
>
>I want to make my Xterm font bigger. I tried control + middle mouse
>click but didn't see any option to change the font as the FAQ says. Any
>pointers to appropriate docs would be great
>Thanks!

	"man xterm" would be a start, but I realize that it's a long one.
What you do is "xlsfonts fixed" and pick the biggest one.  On my system,
they're from Sony, and about 24 pixels.

	Then you start with "xterm -fn [font_name_pattern]", so that the
pattern matches a narrow group of fonts with the same size and style. I'd
recommend that the group be wide enough to include the bold and italic
variants, but I don't think Xterm takes the hint (I think it actually
overstrikes them).

	You're not actually restricted to fixed fonts, so Courier is an
option, but bold doesn't seem to work (it probably will if I use bold
colouring, though). Unfortunately, unicode is too much of a headache for
most fontographers, so there aren't many *iso646* fonts, either.
(It's 12 (and 7!) pixels on my system).