Re: Playing "RealOne" clips

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 22:38:23 -0800
Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:

> > I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a "front end." Both of those
> > can be selected as "helper-applications" in Mozilla when the dialog
> > pops up.
>
> Oh, no I meant from these:
>
>   http://xinehq.de/index.php/releases
>
> I was wondering if you (or anyone) had compared the different ones.
> gxine says it includes "mozilla plugin" -- if that means the xine will
> play inside the mozilla window vs. a separate window I'm not sure I
> care.

I haven't compared. I initially grabbed gxine specifically because it
offered the web plugin, and then found that I liked its simple,
stripped-down interface. I only use it for web stuff, though - for
full-length video I prefer mplayer.

> BTW -- I've been finding that quite a few web lately cause mozilla to
> eat all cpu -- where I have to killall mozilla-bin to the machine
> back.

Could be a Mozilla thing - apart from one poorly behaved Flash page, I
haven't seen any problems with Firebird.

--
Todd Pytel

Signature attached
PGP Key ID 77B1C00C