Re: Playing "RealOne" clips

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 19:56:55 -0800
Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:

> > > Is it possible to get mplayer to play any of these?
> > >
> > >   http://www.prairiehome.org/performances/20031129/
> >
> > Don't know about mplayer - I never had much luck with that plugin -
> > but both realplayer and gxine stream the audio just fine from
> > moz-firebird for me.
>
> So any recommendations on selecting a front end?  I'm running icewm.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a "front end." Both of those can
be selected as "helper-applications" in Mozilla when the dialog pops up.
Past that, I'm not sure what you're asking. IIRC, I got both gxine and
realplayer from Christian's repository, which you probably already use,
at

deb http://marillat.free.fr/ testing main

I find gxine to be the most generally useful plugin for Mozilla - much
less temperamental than mplayer for everything but quicktime, which it
doesn't handle so gracefully. But there are a few Real clips that only
realplayer can deal with, so I keep it around as well.

--
Todd Pytel

Signature attached
PGP Key ID 77B1C00C