Re: Playing "RealOne" clips

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 10:36:27PM -0600, Todd Pytel wrote:
> > So any recommendations on selecting a front end?  I'm running icewm.
>
> I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a "front end." Both of those can
> be selected as "helper-applications" in Mozilla when the dialog pops up.

Oh, no I meant from these:

  http://xinehq.de/index.php/releases

I was wondering if you (or anyone) had compared the different ones.
gxine says it includes "mozilla plugin" -- if that means the xine will
play inside the mozilla window vs. a separate window I'm not sure I
care.

> I find gxine to be the most generally useful plugin for Mozilla - much
> less temperamental than mplayer for everything but quicktime, which it
> doesn't handle so gracefully. But there are a few Real clips that only
> realplayer can deal with, so I keep it around as well.

I'll give it a try.

BTW -- I've been finding that quite a few web lately cause mozilla to
eat all cpu -- where I have to killall mozilla-bin to the machine back.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org