Re: [OT] voting (was: Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications))

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 05:40:32AM +0000, ben_foley@web.de wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 02:25:18PM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> > On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 at 21:13 GMT, csj penned:

> > > You do remember that the first generation colonists in the novel were
> > > "manufactured" from gene samples and raised by machines that taught
> > > them a sanitized version of human history and culture?  They were
> > > genetically and culturally engineered to be altruistic.  So maybe our
> > > best hope lies in breeding out our baser instincts.
> > >

> > Somehow, I doubt that "baser insticts" can be bred out, especially by
> > just not teaching about them.
> >
> > That whole "those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it" line
> >

> given the consistency with which the old mistakes are repreated, i
> seriously wonder if that adage holds true.

I have another thought. This, and my last post, and lots of other
stuff of this nature, should really not be here. I'm subscribing to
debian-curiosa. I think everyone who want to talk about 'the meaning
of life', or other OT things should either move there, or post a
message there as to where they are moving. Its fun, but lets not do
it here.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com