Re: Debian Server Compromise -- A Fire Drill ??

On 7. December 2003 at 6:31AM +1100,
bob parker <bob_parker@dodo.com.au> wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 05:17, Paul Morgan wrote:

[...]

> > Ever heard of the Altair?  Or the Apple I and II, the TRS-80
> > or Commodore Pet?
>
> Sure but they are not PCs and as brilliant as they were in
> their day, they were still closed standards.

Well, we used to own an Apple II that was made in Taiwan and
didn't have the Apple logo.  Does that qualify as open enough?
If it weren't for the Apple II clones eating into Apple's
bottomline, Steve Jobs wouldn't have bothered inventing the Mac.

[...]