apple - Re: Debian Server Compromise -- A Fire Drill ??

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, csj wrote:

> Well, we used to own an Apple II that was made in Taiwan and
> didn't have the Apple logo.  Does that qualify as open enough?
> If it weren't for the Apple II clones eating into Apple's
> bottomline, Steve Jobs wouldn't have bothered inventing the Mac.

apple doesnt allow clones to run their sw ... in those days
	- pineapple, banana, and few other clones

- today .. it's still closed ... except that today, they are
  the worlds largest distributor of opensource-based sw
	( freebsd/darwin )

- jobs did a good job of turning apple around from the pepsi daze

c ya
alvin