Re: Debian Server Compromise -- A Fire Drill ??

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 04:32:47PM -0500, Paul Morgan wrote:

> Good point.  And just because Bill Gates et. al have become hard-nosed
> businessmen, it does not mean they are immoral.

Microsoft played the exact same role in its origins v. IBM as Linux is
now playing to Microsoft; the upstart, force for freedom.  The PC was a
freedom revolution against the glass house.

That's one of the things that makes me feel squirelly and uncomfortable
about open source; you always have to consider "who gains by this and
what's their motivation".  Any philosophy which cannot account for basic
facts must have foundational weaknesses.