From: "Dave L. Thompson" <DLThompson@leeclerk.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:42:18 -0500
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Can't Get Past "Install the Base System"
	HTML_FONTCOLOR_UNKNOWN,HTML_MESSAGE autolearn=no version=2.60

I am a newbie Debian installer, and I'm installing Debian on a Dell PC
with the seven CD's I downloaded from the Debian site.  I have been
unable to get past the "Install the Base System" portion.  I've
confirmed that dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Release is present on the
installation CD, but anytime I try to use it, I get the following error:

"The installation program couldn't find any directory containing a file
basedebs.tar or dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Release."

What gives?

Thnx,

Dave

----- End forwarded message -----