Re: Can't Get Past "Install the Base System"

Dave L. Thompson wrote:
I am a newbie Debian installer, and I’m installing Debian on a Dell PC with the seven CD’s I downloaded from the Debian site. I have been unable to get past the “Install the Base System” portion. I’ve confirmed that dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Release is present on the installation CD, but anytime I try to use it, I get the following error:

“The installation program couldn’t find any directory containing a file basedebs.tar or dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Release.”

You might try installing from one of the other CDs; perhaps the one you have has a glitch. I believe the base install is on several of the CDs (although since I usually install from the network, I'm not sure of that.) (Or, if you've changed CDs during the install for any reason, go back to the original.)

--
Kent