Re: Murdering those mutt-gpg key retrievals

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 07:34:54AM +0100, Magnus von Koeller wrote:
> On Friday 05 December 2003 04:13, David wrote:
> > I have nothing whatsoever mentioning
> > auto-key-retrieve on the stable system. I've diffed the
> > corresponding ~/.muttrc's, /etc/Muttrc's and ~/.gnupg/options and
> > cannot find anything that would account for the different
> > behaviors.
>
> Well, I don't know the exact version numbers for this but auto key
> retrieving used to be the default but isn't anymore.

The version of gnupg on my testing system is 1.2.3.  I'd assume then
that the default must have changed between the version now in stable and
this one.

> If you still
> want it, you need to put this into your ~/.gnupg/options:
>
> keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve

Yes, I added this line (also renamed options to gpg.conf, as it appears
that this is now the default name).

Most times, I read mail offline, so auto-retrieve doesn't work anyway; I
was mostly just wondering why it did auto-retrieve in stable with no
option to do so, and apparently required specifying the option in
testing.  I couldn't find any mention of any change in defaults in the
changelogs.

Thanks for the reply.