Re: Murdering those mutt-gpg key retrievals

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 08:49:01PM +0100, Florian Ernst wrote:

> You can import keys manually just like
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 8DE4D38E
> for Karsten's key.
>
> If you want to have it done automatically one way is to enable a
> keyserver in your .gnupg/pgp.conf and enable
> keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve
> as well.

While on the subject, I have something I don't quite understand.

I have recently upgraded to testing.  I use mutt.  On stable, a key
would automatically be retrieved, or at least attempted (I'm on
dialup)..  Yesterday, I noted that this wasn't happening with testing -
not sure if this has been the case all along with testing.  I still have
my stable system installed.  I have nothing whatsoever mentioning
auto-key-retrieve on the stable system. I've diffed the corresponding
~/.muttrc's, /etc/Muttrc's and ~/.gnupg/options and cannot find anything
that would account for the different behaviors.

I wonder if there is a difference in the default behavior between the
stable/testing gnupg's or what?  I'm puzzled.