Installing Printer - CUPS

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my local printer working (HP Deskjet 710C) .  I'm
running woody with KDE3.1.4.

I've installed: cupsys cupsys-client cupsys-bsd cupsomatic-ppd a2ps mpage
enscript cupsys-driver-gimpprint pnm2ppa foomatic-db gsfonts-other hpijs

cat /proc/sys/dev/parport/parport0/autoprobe

shows my printer, and I've got the modules parport and parport_pc loaded.

I installed the printer using the Control-Center:Peripherals:Printer and tried
printing a test page, which shows up as a print job and is "processed" but
never reaches the printer.

there are no erros in the cups log files.

Does anyone have a tip for what I can try next?

Thanks,

Chris