Re: Logging from Linksys BEFSX41 Router to Debian Server

BruceG verraste ons met de boodschap:

>    I am using a Linksys BEFSX41 router, and want to start logging inbound
> and outbound access. I can set which IP address I want it to log to, and
> wanted to know how to set things up on a Debian server to accept logging
> from other devices.
>
>    I am running Debian Testing and will be on 2.4.23 AS SOON as it is
> available as a package. In the mean time, I need to be able to log all
> traffic going in and out of my router - and would prefer to log it to the
> Debian PC.

syslogd should be started with the "-r" option (for remote). you can do
that by editing /etc/init.d/sysklogd

jopa@erno:~$ head -n 14 /etc/init.d/sysklogd | tail -n 4
# Options for start/restart the daemons
#   For remote UDP logging use SYSLOGD="-r"
#
SYSLOGD="-r"

greetz,

--