IPSEC how to install patches

Hi,

I would like to install IPSEC on my debian.
I have downloaded the package:

"kernel-patch-freeswan - IPSEC kernel support for FreeSWan"

and now i have the software in the directory:

"/usr/src/kernel-patches/all/freeswan"

I tried to execute the script "patcher" in the directory above, but it
exit from execution and ask me:

Usage: ./patcher [-v] [-c] targetdir target [ key patchfile ] ...

I tried to do a "cat" of the script "patcher" but the only think I have
anderstud is the option "-v"....verbose...

I have never patched my kernel before...I have always recompiled..
What can I do?

Thanks
Lorenzo