odd: gv *very* slow while view ps file from dvips

Hi,

I am compiling a latex source file(just 2 page resume) in Debian (Unstable) and when I try to magnify a certian area in the resulting ps file the new magnified widow of gv takes ages to come up. This behavior was not so in Redhat. In other words, same LaTeX file, same dvips command, but magnification in gv is faster in Redhat and very slow in Debian.

Since I am new to Debian, I may have missed some setting(s). Tips? Suggestions?

regards,
->HS
--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)