Re: question

Roeske, Jennifer L wrote:

Hello,

I have a 3-yr. old PC CPU, and it's not working. When my CPU is (properly) connected to the necessary connecting cords- it doesn't respond to the monitor. It just says no input/no sync. I have tried connecting the CPU to 3 different working PC monitors as well as cords and have recieved no response.
I was wondering if you had any ideas what could be wrong?

Does your machine have two video ports (built-in the mobo, and one in the AGP or PCI slot) perhaps, and you've plugged into the wrong one?

Does the machine go through the normal sounds of booting up (the floppy seeks for a boot disk, etc)?

Pull the video card out and reseat it, or better yet, move it to a different slot (if PCI or ISA).

--
Kent