Re: is it possible to use newsgroups?

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:30:54 +0000, Anita Lewis wrote:

> I agree with you.  I am using gmane.linux.debian.user. I am not subscribed
> to the list - I save those messages that I want to keep and don't need to
> download them all. You cannot post to the list from linux.debian.user - that
> one recieves the list mail, but doesn't send it.  I think the best way would
> be gmane, because then your message will find its way into the thread.  If
> you send to the list from yahoo, you can duplicate the Subject, but it
> doesn't end up threading properly.
>
> Reading from the archives isn't bad either, but it is much easier to post
> from the newsgroup.  When you read from the archives, you still have the
> problem of bringing up an email client and duplicating the Subject and so
> on.
>
> Yeah, linuxmail is about as cumbersome as it gets.  Too bad.
>
> Anita

Thanks, Anita.  It's kind of clumsy and annoying getting the entire list
via email one bit at a time.  Kind of like a Chinese water torture.

Thanks to you and gmane I am now much happier, especially as I get to read
and post using the extremely nifty Pan newsreader :)

--

"The average lifespan of a Web page today is 100 days. This is no way to
run a culture."

Internet Archive Board Chairman