Re: location of checksum file when using Aide

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 03:54:39PM -0500, ScruLoose wrote:

> Another solution is to set the file "immutable" which means it can't be
> edited except by rebooting into single-user mode.

I know little of immutable.  Is that file system depenedent?  Seems like
I see that mentioned in the man pages as  "second extended file system"
-- I'm running XFS so I'm not clear if that possible.

Also chattr(1) says:

       A file with the `i' attribute cannot be modified:  it  cannot  be
       deleted  or  renamed,  no link can be created to this file and no
       data can be written to the file.  Only the superuser or a process
       possessing  the  CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE  capability can set or clear
       this attribute.

So does that mean root can change it?

--
Bill Moseley