is it possible to use newsgroups?

Hi,

I am new to all this lists stuff. I have primarily
used newsgroups readers till now. I have just
subscribed to debian-user list from my linuxmail
account, found that inconvenient and unsubscribed, and
again subscribed from this yahoo account.

So from this new email account, how do I reply to the
messages that I had read in my linuxmail account?

And even though I have subscribed to this list, can I
instead use linux.debian.user or
gmane.linux.debian.user to read and post messages? Is
it me or is that the newsgroups and newsreaders are
much more convenient and organized to read/post
messages?

->HS