Re: loading iptables when debian server reboots

Hello

Reed, T.J. (<tjreed@tower.com>) wrote:

> I have just created and entered iptables rules.  However, when the
> debian server is rebooted, the iptables rules are no longer listed
> when I enter the command iptables -L.
>
> Prior to rebooting the debian server, I issued the command
> iptables-save -c > /etc/iptables-save.bak1  Looking at /etc directory,
> the file iptables-save.bak1 is created. What do I need to do to have
> these rules load when I reboot the debian server?

Take a look at /etc/default/iptables. If you want to activate iptables
by loading a saved state, you can use /etc/init.d/iptables. Or you can
also create your own init script setting the rules you want.

bets regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen