Re: xterm title bars

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:21:31PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> I've used this (excellent) howto to set my prompt up nicely, and to
> echo things like pwd, time, and username to the xterm title.  However,
> I would love to add {basename} of the currently active process to the
> title...

You can't do that in bash, as it doesn't provide any way to get the name of
the currently executing process in a fashion that would let you set the
title.

You can do it if you're willing to switch to zsh as your shell, though,
because it has PRECOMMAND (or whatever zsh calls it).

--
 Marc Wilson |     Experience is what you get when you were expecting
 msw@cox.net |     something else.