Re: Usable X login/starter in Debian needed

Hello

Otto Wyss (<otto.wyss@orpatec.ch>) wrote:

> Isn't there a usable X login/starter in Debian. I've tried XDM
> (doesn't allow shutdown, looks awfull), login.app (can't start my
> otherwise perfect running X). I won't try GDM (requires too much of
> gnome), KDM
> (requires too much of KDM).  Does anyone know a simple solution?

Try wdm. By default, it allows you to shutdown if you have the root
password, maybe it can be configured to let normal users shutdown as
well. Changing permission for shutdown might also allow wdm to do it,
but I didn't try.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--