Re: dvd burning using sid

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:50:50PM -0500, Jameson C. Burt wrote:

> Consider
>    growisofs
> in the package
>    dvd+rw-tools
>
> I haven't used growisofs, but it looks most promising.
> Read their lengthy
>    /usr/share/doc/dvd+rw-tools/dvd-rw.html
> which is better viewed at
>    http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW

I use growisofs and it works for me. The documentation is good and tells
a lot about the differences between dvd and cd. growisofs is much easier
to work with than mkisofs and cdrecord combo. Actually growisofs uses
mkisofs as a 'backend'. It passes mkisofs options to mkisofs and those
options are not properly documented in the docs, but they do work.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com