Re: dvd burning using sid

Consider
   growisofs
in the package
   dvd+rw-tools

I haven't used growisofs, but it looks most promising.
Read their lengthy
   /usr/share/doc/dvd+rw-tools/dvd-rw.html
which is better viewed at
   http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW

Remember that you will need to treat your IDE DVD as scsi device /dev/scd0
through kernel settings like "ide-scsi".

I also wonder what DVD+RW truly random access media can do; eg,
making a UFS or ext2 on the DVD, then somehow write to it.
And one looks forward to
   DVD+MRW ("Mt.Rainier/Easywrite", MRW, support),
which no manufacturer yet has.
Still, since DVDs can be written to but 1000 times,
one may still prefer an approach like "growisofs".