Re: Theoretical APT question

Replying to the message sent by Karsten M. Self  on Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:51:35 -0800, received at 15:32:59 on 21/11/2003. Karsten M. Self wrote:
<snip

>Much of your objective could be attained via a reasonable partitioning
>scheme.  The existing Debian Policy specification of what files go where
>already makes system backup and restoration trivial.
>
>Peace.

I accomplished similar to this by simply using symlinks. For example, all of my websites and logs were in /var/www/html and that partition was getting full, so i added a new drive, gave it one large partition, moved everything onto it set a symlink called html and removed the old directory called html (not in that order)

Took me about 5 minutes