Re: severe bug:Failure to start X related to /tmp permissions

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:42:32PM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
>> ls -l /:
>> drwxr-xr-x  root  root     tmp
>>
>> This is the problem.
>>
>> It's an extremely severe bug.
>
> Not really, it's easily reversible.

Yes, it is easily reversible.

I changed /tmp to rwxrwtrwt (IIRC) and it's working fine.

But I've been stung by this once before, over a year ago.

is there some way to check the packages to see which ones have some kind
of chmod execution in them?
Otherwise I'll have to do a reinstallation with a point-by-point
verification of the /tmp permissions.  Ugly, Long, but maybe it will get
me some Karma Points!!  :)

while easy to fix, extremely frustrating.