Re: Asus A7N8X Deluxe and Debian?

Scarletdown wrote:

On 20 Nov 2003 at 11:00, Alexander Rink wrote:

"apt-get install kernel-headers-`uname -r`" will
fetch that missing files from
a debian server for you.

And that makes for a nice little catch-22 situation. The whole reason I'm doing this is so I can get the nVidia nForce drivers installed. Without them, neither of the on-board NICs work (or the sound for that matter). So there is no way I can get the missing files from a debian server, as I have no network connectivity yet.

No problem there - you did install from a cd right?(you must have,
as you don't have connectivity).
Use "apt-cdrom add" to put your install cd in your sources and
then you can issue

"apt-get install kernel-headers-`uname -r`"

You can also use dpkg -i "pkg name" to install from the cd ...

John