Re: migration from RedHat to Debian, general question about Debian (dpkg, kernel, config)

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 04:56:58PM +0100, Nicos Gollan wrote:

> There's the apt-file tool. Just install the apt-file package and read
> the manpage.

Or dlocate:
zsh % dlocate inittab
vim: /usr/share/vim/vim61/syntax/inittab.vim
base-config: /usr/lib/base-config/99inittab
sysvinit: /usr/share/sysvinit/inittab
sysvinit: /usr/share/sysvinit/inittab.s390
sysvinit: /usr/share/man/man5/inittab.5.gz
ncurses-term: /usr/share/terminfo/a/ansi+inittabs

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "If my people, which are called by my name, shall
      humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and
      turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from
      heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal
      their land."               II Chronicles 7:14