Re: Asus A7N8X Deluxe and Debian?

* Scarletdown <scarletdown@yahoo.com> [031120 15:26]:
> On 19 Nov 2003 at 10:37, Scarletdown wrote:
>

> > On 19 Nov 2003 at 9:48, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> >
> > > Not only that, this is what it says in the release notes:
> > >
> > > At the current time, the nForce drivers require a 2.4 series kernel.
> > >
> > > Frm the screen shot, it looks like a 2.2.20 kernel.
> > >
> > Well, I downloaded everything from here:
> >
> > http://debian.oregonstate.edu/debian-cdimage/images/current/i386/
> >

> I have performed a fresh clean reinstall, and am now set up with 2.4.18
>
> Yet despite the updated kernel, I'm still getting errors when I try
> to install the nVidia drivers.
>
> Here are the error messages this time:
>
> In file included from:#160; nvnet.h:20, nvnet.c:21:
>

> /usr/include/linux/module.h:21:
> linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory.

Looks like you need to install the kernel-headers package that goes
which your kernel-image package (assuming you are using a prepackaged
Debian kernel).

# apt-get install kernel-headers-`uname -r`

then make a symlink to /usr/src/linux

# ln -s /usr/src/kernel-headers-`uname -r` /usr/src/linux

HTH, although YMMV,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-test9-looxt93c2 i686 GNU/Linux