Re: Logitech MX310 mouse: Dead extra button?

> Does xev report anything if you press and hold the button and drag the
> mouse?  My guess is that the mouse might have some EmulateWheel logic
> built-in.  So that holding that button down and moving the mouse up/down
> (and maybe even left/right) is like rolling the wheel up/down (or
> clicking buttons 6 and 7, or something).

Wow, that was something I would have never thought of.  However.. no
dice.  xev reports nothing but MotionNotify events, and hexcat'ing the
device produces the same things when I move the mouse, regardless of
whether I'm holding the button or not. :/

--
Nick Welch aka mackstann | mack @ incise.org | http://incise.org
Iron Law of Distribution: