Re: Could not load OpenGL library

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 10:03:32AM +1300, Edward Murrell wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 07:15, Nathan wrote:
> I seem to hit this problem each time a dist-upgrade is done that
> upgrades any of the graphics components. As far as I can work out, the
> nvidia drivers exercise a shotgun approach to installing GLX drivers, by
> overwriting everything with it's own drivers and the dist-upgrade
> overwrites those.

That's why you use the *packaged* nVidia drivers, which do proper
diversions on the files they replace, so that the next time you upgrade X,
the files don't get stomped on again.

Or you do the diversions by hand.

--
 Marc Wilson |     This fortune is dedicated to your mother, without
 msw@cox.net |     whose invaluable assistance last night would never