Re: Debian for enterprise

> And I mean, the core question is: What is the advantage of not updating
> packages, when the package is in question is so old you shouldn't use
> it?

Sorry, if I miss the point, but if there is an advisory against using the
version of snort oficially released with woody, shouldn't there also be a
backport of the security-patch available on security.debian.org? To my
understanding you surely find outdated packages in woody (chkrootkit, for
example), but never, ever there are packages with known security risks in
it.

Please correct me,
  Johannes

--
"More than machinery we need humanity" -- Charlie Chaplin, The Great
Dictator