Re: Social Engineering. {was: Re: Opium [was: Re: freelance sysadmining -- superlong -- [WAS: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"]]

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Palmer." <davidpalmer@westnet.com.au>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 13:59
Subject: Re: Social Engineering. {was: Re: Opium [was: Re: freelance
sysadmining -- superlong -- [WAS: "Red Hat recommends Windows for
consumers"]]

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:23:51 +0800
> csj <csj@zapo.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:35:54 -0600,
> > Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > [snip very good points]

> > > People still should think about "what have been thought by
> > > others before", because what has been thought before might be
> > > wrong.
> >
> > Yes.  Imagine the consequences of someone figuring out we can
> > actually accelerate beyond the speed of light.
> >

> They have.
> They have also stopped it.
> If you are interested, it might take me a while because it was a subect
> I was dealing with some time ago, but I could chase up some references.
> Regards,
>
> David.

I dont know about faster than the speed of light but there is an experiment
that has been duplicated where a photon was transported from point A to B
instantly.  It can only be applied to one partical at a time however and
involves transporting  two particals physically one to point A and one to
point B. Then destroying the one at point A after attaching the photon the
photon then appeared at point B.  Dont think I would like to travel that
way.

Hoyt