Re: No to wine! (was:"Red Hat recommends...")

Thus spake adcarlson@aei.net (adcarlson@aei.net):

> I was an avid OS/2 user at one time, until technology moved on and the logical
> switch for most OS/2 users was Linux.
>
> Your thoughts on using Win3.1 and OS/2 are interesting...except that Win3.1 was
> known to run better under OS/2.

How very true. I was writing a textbook under W3.1 using Lotus Ami Pro
(as it then was, an improvement on both its predecessors and its
successors). Every time I tried to generate the TOC under plain W3.1 I
got a BSOD. Running it under W3.1 under OS/2 it worked just fine.

OS/2 did have its problems though: I had a printer problem during the
install and every time I booted I had to confirm that the printer was
not offline. Nothing I could do would change this - including deleting
the printer and installing a fresh one...

Still, life is so much easier now with debian...
--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |