devfs

I was doing an installation using whatever disks I can find (stable, tesitng-installer) and I ran into a problem of something that I recall once long ago.

I thought devfs was going to be mostly removed from the installations.

This is based on a comment I received once long ago from a Debian posting that devfs as a whole wasn't working out all that well and has been removed from the 2.6 kernel.

I'm not sure how much of this is true or how much matters right now.

But it would be nice to know if I should disable devfs and move on, or not.