Re: Opium [was: Re: freelance sysadmining -- superlong -- [WAS: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"]]

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 05:07:01AM +0000, ben wrote:
[snip]
> whatever about the rest, a theocracy in a century! bush has already made
> public statements about how god instructed him to invade afghanistan and
> iraq. what the hell happend to separation of church and state?

compared to the taliban and the islamists, I cannot believe you are
acusing *US* of advocating a theocracy.  talk about head up the ass.

> not only do you have an unelected head of state, but those in power at
> the present time are doing all they can to hastily invalidate the basic
> tenets of democracy.

here's where I have to appeal to those with formal logical training
(particularly, tri-valued logic systems):

It is true that margin of votes in Florida in the last election was
below the statistical limits.  It is neither a true statement that "Bush
won the election" nor is it a true statement that "Bush lost the
election."

That is, the outcome was indeterminate.  So anybody else who could have
potentially been said to "win" would be equally illegitmate.  It kind of
sucks when you have a country without a president, so we had to do some
Solomonic justice.  Any outcome would have been equally arbitrary, this
one was least constitutionally harmful.