Re: a2ps and page size -- driving me nuts!

martin f krafft(madduck@debian.org) is reported to have said:
> I installed -20.1 from the snapshot site, and now a2ps just outputs
> to stdout, independent of whether I set -d, -Plp, or just let it run
> (which usually just printed to the default printer, see #193530).
> The only way to actually print now is piping the output to lpr. Not
> that bad, but something's broken anyhow. Or can anyone shed some
> light onto this?

I found a difference between the -15 (which worked) & -20 a2ps.cfg.

To get -20 working I had to modify a line in section 7, (line 420)

####  !!!!  Had to change
### Variable: lp.default #{lp.hook} lp #{lp.options} to
### Variable: lp.default #{lp.hook} lpr #{lp.options} To get
### it working
Variable: lp.default #{lp.hook} lpr #{lp.options}

Margins are good and its printing.

HTH

Wayne
--
User n.:
        A programmer who will believe anything you tell him.