Re: OT: Drugs (was Re: freelance sysadmining -- superlong --)

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:39:56PM -0500, ScruLoose wrote:
> Now you're just contradicting yourself.  You're also handing me the
> point I've been trying to make on a platter.
> After claiming that it's blatant hypocrisy to treat different drugs
> differently, now you're saying "except for this one.  Oh, and this, too."
> As it happens, you're backpedalling from an indefensible position into
> territory that makes sense, so I say "keep it up"...
> Backpedal just a little farther and we'll be in perfect agreement.  ;-)

You're parsing my statements a bit finer than I intended.  All I meant
is 1) "everything has risks", 2) "there are instances of risky
behavior that are socially acceptable; I believe some illegal
behaviors are managable if carefully limited", and 3) "there are some
instances of risky behavior which are not manageable by anyone".

I actually don't know your position, but think we probably are both
saying the exact same thing.

Like I said, I have completely mixed emotions about this issue.  I
typically like to bash people who share my own opinions about this
issue, because I'm not sure I'm right.