Re: dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 question (solved)

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 04:18:11PM +0100, Jimmy Johansson wrote:
> I tried to do dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 yesterday expecting it to
> create a new XF86Config-4 file, but it didn't.

Hi and thank you for all your replies, they helped me indirectly. I read
them and then set out to try again. I opened my XF86Config-4, why I
don't really know, and my eyes fell on these rows in the beginning of
the file:

# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xfree86 package upgrades
# *only*
# if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the
# xserver-xfree86
# package.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically
# updated
# again, run the following commands as root:
#
#   cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.custom
#   md5sum /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 > /var/lib/xfree86/XF86Config-4.md5sum
#   dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

I had read man XF86Config-4 and everything else I could think of except
my own XF86Config-4... Thats what to little sleep and/or to much
stupidity does to you! :-)

Now everything runs like a charm.

Thanks again!

/Jimmy