Re: window manager recomendation

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 07:44, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 01:58:46PM +0900, Nick Hastings wrote:
> > This WM was mentioned by a poster on this list a month or so ago. At
> > the time I was using sawfish, but was getting sick of the bloat and
> > considering switching back to fvwm. I'm _so_ glad I tried openbox3.
> >
> > I have it set up to do all the things you wanted except use the Debian
> > menus. I've not tried.
>
> There's a menu-method running around that'll give it access to the Debian
> menu system.  It's not perfect, it has no ability to deal with menu entries
> with ampersands in them (which XML requires you to escape), but other than
> that, it does the job.  I attach it here, because it's only a few lines.

This creates the menu file fine but openbox still seems very very intent
on not displaying this menu.
I also tried removing the default one or putting it in
.config/openbox/menu.xml but all I got was no menu at all. I even tried
removing everything but one entry and putting the same xml header from
the default menu but nothing seems to work. Is there some trick to this
that I am missing?