Another dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 question

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 04:18:11PM +0100, Jimmy Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to do dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 yesterday expecting it to
> create a new XF86Config-4 file, but it didn't. I moved the old
> XF86Config-4 to my /home/<username> directory and ran dpkg-reconfigure
> xserver-xfree86. Am I supposed to do something else?
>
> I am asking because I want to try some different settings but I don't
> want to do it by hand...

I have a similair question.

With xserver-xfree86 it suggests a few hardware detection packages, that
should detect the hardware I have.  (I tested discover, and read-edid
manually, and they did discover the hardware I have).  So how do I get
xserver-xfree86 to use them?

Version: 4.2.1-13
Suggests: discover, mdetect, read-edid, libglide2 (>> 2001.01.26)