Re: Debian version

> Drew <usernumber1000@yahoo.com> [2003-11-12 20:40]:
>
> Thanks,
>
> This is all thats in my sources.list (comments rm-ed) deb
> http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free deb
> http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
> non-free deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib
> non-free
>
> Thanks for the idea about checking libc.  Do I check that against
> the ftp site? or someother way because, I just ftp-ed in and there
> are no dpkgs in debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386.
>
> What am I missing?  How can there be NO dpkg's in stable?

please do not top-post!

following the contents of your sources.list, I assume you are with
stable.

You can get the version of your libc6 by
    dpkg -l libc6

For me, unstable, it reports:
ii  libc6          2.3.2.ds1-10   GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone

In case you would want to change your libc6, do not try to switch that
by hand since too many packages depend on a particular version, JICO.

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |