Exim4 configuration

Hi all! I'm somehow new to Debian and therefor new to exim (I've been
using sendmail which was actually configured by yast2). Now I'm trying to
set up exim to send my mails directly without using an external SMTP
server...

I an error message (I've used the internet option in Exim4 configuration
made by debconf) when trying to send a message (I don't have one right now
since I'm not on my computer but will have one tonight).

Anyway, someone knows how to get exim4 send mail outside without the use
of a SMTP server ? (I tried their site but it was much complicated, I
don't have enough strengh to read all the documentation, and even if I did
I don't know if I would understand everything).

Thanks in advance