mailfilter bug?

Before I file a bug report, I'd like to confirm the behavior I
describe below.

I have in my my ~/.mailfilterrc a DENY rule for "^Subject:.*Test"
and ALLOW rules for "marssociety" and "marssocietynewsletter":

$ grep -Ei 'test|marssociety' ~/.mailfilterrc
DENY=^Subject:.*Test
ALLOW=^To:.*marssocietynewsletter
ALLOW=^Reply-To:.*marssociety
ALLOW=^Subject:.*marssociety

I found out this morning that an email with the word "Contest" in
the Subject was deleted by mailfilter (according to my log).  The
email also had "[marssocietynewsletter]" in the Subject and I
suspect, given the format of previous communications, also
"marssociety" in the Reply-To.  The email therefore should have
passed two of my ALLOW rules.

Shouldn't the ALLOW rule (allow all emails with "marssociety" in
the Subject) take precedence over the DENY rule (delete all
emails containing with the word or word part "test")?