RE: MTA help

On Monday 10 November 2003 17:10, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
> I don't know courier-mta but i would go back to exim4.
[...]
Thanks Benedict.
I have it working now.  I dropped back to exim (not exim4) and followed
the nice howto at:
<http://talk.trekweb.com/~jasonb/articles/exim_maildir_imap.shtml>
which helped with the exim configuration settings and more.
I suppose that your suggestion for the exim configuration setting
would've worked as well.  Now I'm curious what benefit there is to
running exim4 over exim 3.

Now I would like to find out a way to setup usernames and passwords for
courier-imap that are different than the user login.  I'd prefer not
sending the system login info over the lan.

Thanks for all the helpful response from you and the others, too.

Best regards,

Eric.