Re: Testing URIs not working

Haines Brown(brownh@hartford-hwp.com) is reported to have said:
> > From: Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net>
> >
> > [teach to fish mode]
>
> Yes, by all means!
>
> > apt-cache show newbiedoc
>
> I tried this on an uninstalled package (mysql), and nothing was
> returned. But shouldn't this command have exposed information
> contained in the cache, even for uninstalled packages?

I am running testing/unstable.
dpkg -l newbiedoc
newbiedoc 0.6.0-1

Yes, if they are in the package cache.  I get the packages lists of all
the dists (stable,testing,unstable) with dselect update.  So when I do
apt-cache I get a listing because I have the discriptions of 'all' of
the debian packages.

> Wayne, don't apologize. Much appreciated.
>
> Just to show you I'm in a "learning mode", when I could not install
> doc-linux-nonfree-text, I ran apt-cache search and found out that it
> is properly "doc-linux-text". That I downloaded. Sure enough, it pops
> up in /usr/share/doc/doc-linux-text ;-)

Sorry about that.  Thats (doc-linux-nonfree-text) what doc-linux-text
is called in testing/unstable, which is what I am running.  My bad!

 Wayne
 Debian GNU/Linux (testing/unstable)

--
Home is where the computer is plugged in.