Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 19:27, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> Not all of us care whether or not it becomes a
> desktop leader.  Not all of us want it to be easy enough to use that our
> moms are comfortable -- not if that means sacrificing security,
> stability, or our beloved command line and text configuration files.

Second that.

Mr. RH CEO tastes sour grapes because IBM dropped US$50M into Novell
effectively choosing SuSE's dance card over the RH's.  Mr. RH CEO peed into
the OSS well. He should have kept his mouth shut. Then again he might be
positioning RH for sale to M$.

And now for some hand-wringing about Debian in the enterprise:
http://www.enterprise-linux-it.com/perl/story/22602.html
--
Mike Mueller
324881 (08/20/2003)